Staff - Case Enquiry Officer
£25,758 - £27,690
- Interview witnesses and offenders at a convenient location, and Obtain appropriate Statements using the National Standard for Investigation. When necessary undertake pre arrest voluntary PACE interviews under the Road Traffic Act and compile contemporaneous notes of interview and all required criminal justice reports.
- To conduct enquiries as directed, with respect to Road Traffic Collisions for submission and consideration of further investigation, diversion or prosecution in accordance with Force guidance.
- To obtain follow up statements from vulnerable/intimidated witnesses, as well as special measures, withdrawal and victim personal statements.
- Provide support to Case Builders in relation to the management of exhibits. Assist with collection, viewings and transportation of exhibits and other case materials.
- Provide support to Case Builders by completing Bad Character Applications.
- To provide support to the Witness Care function for witness contact by way of home visits when it becomes necessary.
- To support Case Builders by being a single point of contact for obtaining and administrating medical evidence requests.
- To deal with out of Force enquiries related to Road Traffic Collisions in accordance with requests as appropriate to the role.
- When capacity allows, completing any other reasonable task and activity in support of investigations and prosecution activity as directed by a Supervisor (to include administrative assistance and system inputting.)
The job description reflects the major tasks to be carried out by the post holder and identifies a level of responsibility at which the post holder will be required to work. In the interests of effective working any major tasks may be reviewed from time to time to reflect the changing needs and circumstances. Such reviews and other consequential changes will be carried out in consultation with the post holder. The post holder will also be required to carry out such other duties, as may be within the general scope of the post.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
The appointment will be full time and subject to the conditions of service of the Police Staff Council.
The annual leave entitlement is 25 days with an additional 5 days after 3 years continuous service.
Why work for Northamptonshire Police?
Northamptonshire Police has gained a reputation as a pioneering and innovative force, responsible for policing a large diverse, multi-cultural population.
If you are looking for a fresh challenge which offers a genuine opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives, variety and the chance to broaden your experience, then Northamptonshire Police is the force for you.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Northamptonshire Police are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are working hard to increase diversity and inclusion within the Constabulary, where communities are under-represented, including those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities, people of all ages, abilities, faiths, religions and gender, LGBT communities and those from other disadvantaged or marginalised backgrounds, who share our values and wish to make a difference to the communities we serve.
All applications will be treated on merit, based on the evidence provided in your application and suitability for the role you have applied for.
All requests for flexible working patterns will be considered and will be dependent on the role.
Recruitment and Selection Policy
Internal applicants who are at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment and pass the selection process, will be offered the role over the remaining internal and external applicants.
Internal applicants must have line manager support prior to proceeding with an application.
Police Barred and Advisory lists
Individuals placed on the Police Barred and Advisory lists will not be considered for employment by the police for a minimum of 5 years from the date of listing in the case of gross misconduct, or 3 years from the date of listing in the case of poor performance.
Vetting and safeguarding
Northamptonshire Police are committed to safeguarding and operate safer recruitment processes, to ensure a police service that employees are proud to work for because they feel safe, valued and part of a happy and supportive work environment. All employees and volunteers therefore will be subject to background checks including vetting and references.
This vacancy is closed to applications.